Sunday, July 15, 2007

Five Hours of Fame

Yesterday my daughter and I worked as extras in the filming of From Within, a psychological thriller set in a small town. Havre de Grace has been highly touted as perfect for the setting, due in part to the absence of chain stores and restaurants such as MacDonald's. Let's hope we don't have any copycat events following the filming.
We reported to the Havre de Grace High School along with approximately 350 other locals and spent five hours pretending to be the congregation of the local church gathered together to mourn the passing of several teens. My daughter was grouped with other teen girls so they could be zoomed in on during the "service." Our job was to listen raptly, focusing on the pastor, and not the cameras, and occasionally say amen! We stood up, clapped and swayed to the music. Some of my daughter's friends were chose to be members of the "church" band because they knew how to play guitar and bass.
Filming will continue the rest of this coming week and Joseph's Department Store will be a featured location. I guess we'll have to snoop around for other opportunities to act.
I hope they will have a special showing of the movie in Havre de Grace when it is released. I know there are at least 350 people who will want to see it.

1 comment:

Janet said...

You certainly have an exciting life. Thought about trying to be an extra in the filming in Havre de Grace. This is a test to see if my username and password will work.