Thursday, August 16, 2007

To become familiar with Google Docs, I will tell you a little bit about my recent trip to Cape May, New Jersey. Visiting Cape May is always a highlight of Summer vacation. This year I was able to squeeze four days in - sandwiched between my Monday evening programming responsibilities and my Saturday to work. Vacation always seems so much more satisfying after you have busted your butt doing something and can completely and utterly give your self over to the time off.

It has been a cooking summer for me as I did the two Cooking Up A Storm programs for Middle Schoolers, the Meet An American Girl: Molly's Hawaiian Hula Party, and cooked the beef for our Volunteer Fiesta Party. What a surprising success we have had with our Middle School programming.

Anyway, back to Cape May. When I go for a week, I feel obligated to pack the bikes, plan the menu, bring projects and books, but this little four day jaunt was very unstructured. Even the things I thought I'd bring, I forgot. So I just enjoyed early morning walks, beach time, pool time, eating at wonderful (but pricey) restaurants, and shopping.

Restaurants we've enjoyed recently include Freda's, The Black Duck, Cape Orient and the Lobster House. www.capemaytimes.com has some useful info. I highly recommend drinks at Congress Hall and a bike ride to Sunset Beach.

No comments: